Engaging in end-of-year career reflections helps you plan for a productive 2024. You can reflect on your successes and challenges to gain insight into what did and did not work in the past year. Then, you can use your findings to set priorities for the new year.
Reflecting on specific areas of your job and career helps determine what you want the next 12 months to look like. These ideas can help.
Use these end-of-year reflections as a guide to plan for a productive 2024.
Reflect on Your Accomplishments
Determine your biggest accomplishments from each quarter of the past year and their impact on the company. Examples include:
- Launching a project that took an extended time to develop
- Completing a goal that required substantial planning and coordination
- Handling an unexpected challenge
- Persevering through difficult circumstances
Reflect on Your New Experiences
Think about the new things you tried and what you learned from the experiences. Examples include:
- Increasing your knowledge through reading and discussion
- Developing your skills through challenging projects
- Improving your problem-solving skills by resolving an issue
Reflect on Your Job Satisfaction
Consider different aspects of your job to determine whether you are happy or should look for other opportunities. Examples include:
- Whether you enjoy most of your tasks
- Whether your work is challenging and fulfilling
- How well you engage with your manager, teammates, and coworkers
- Whether your input is valued and implemented
- How much of an impact you have on the organization
- How strongly your career goals are supported
- Whether you have opportunities for career growth
Reflect on Your Most Important Industry Connections
Analyze which members of your professional network are most important to you. You might or might not currently work with these professionals. Examples include:
- Professionals with whom you share knowledge and advice
Reflect on What You Want to Achieve in the Next Year
Determine your professional goals for 2024. Examples include:
- Something you have been putting off for a while
- Something you recently discovered is important to you
- The skills, experiences, and responsibilities you want to have
- Activities that would help you reach the next level in your career
Do Your Career Reflections Include Finding a New Job?
Work with Staff Right Solutions to find a new job for the new year. Visit our job board today.